The Japanese art of origami is a well-known test of dexterity – in fact, our engineers have to pass the Takumi cat challenge in order to become one of our Master Craftspeople. It involves folding an origami cat with your non-dominant hand – all in under 90 seconds.
With many of us spending more time inside than ever before, origami is a great way to keep our minds sharp and our hands busy. That’s why we’re giving you the chance to fold your way into the driver’s seat of an LC 500h with the Lexus Origami Challenge.
You might try your hand at the Takumi cat, or perhaps some other origami designs like these. But whatever form your origami takes, share a photo with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter by using #LexusOrigami and tagging @LexusUK.
The best crafted origami image will win a week with the LC 500h when we’re on the road again. Ready to start folding?
Terms & Conditions
- The ‘Promoter’ is Toyota (GB) PLC, registered in England and Wales with company number 00916634 and its registered office address at Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX.
- This competition is open to all residents in the UK aged 25 years or over who currently hold and have held a valid UK driving licence for a minimum of two years. Exceptions include:Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- The competition will run from 13:00 on 24th April 2020 (the “Opening Date”) to 09:00 on 8th May 2020 (the “Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- All entrants must submit an image of their origami attempt on Lexus social media pages using the #LexusOrigami, including Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LexusUK/), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lexusuk/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/LexusUK). Any late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries, entries sent through agencies and/or third parties will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. No bulk or third-party entries will be accepted.
- Entry into this competition will be deemed to be in acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Prize is exclusive use of a Lexus LC 500h for one week.
- The Winner has the option to nominate a driver on their behalf (the ‘Nominated Driver’). The Nominated Driver must be aged 25 years or over and hold a valid UK driving licence for a minimum of two years.
- The Winner or the Nominated Driver shall be solely liable for the running costs of the Prize, including fuel, oil and all charges, penalties and fines incurred whilst the Prize is in the Winners’ or the Nominated Drivers’ possession including, without limitation, parking fines, speeding fines, congestion charges and fines, tolls and penalties.
- The Promoter shall provide fully comprehensive insurance. In the event of an accident for which the Winner or the Nominated Driver is responsible, the Winner or the Nominated Driver shall be liable to pay any excess on the insurance policy. If the insurance policy is rendered void or invalid in relation to any claim made under the insurance policy as a result of the actions or negligence of the Winner or the Nominated Driver, the Winner or the Nominated Driver shall indemnify Lexus against, without limitation, all liabilities, costs, expenses or damages arising out of or in connection with such claim.
- The Winner must return the Prize in the same condition as collected, subject only to fair wear and tear.
- There will be no cash alternative to the prizes stated.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should any specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The Winner will be selected and notified by 15th May 2020. The Winner will be selected from eligible entries received.
- The Promoter will contact the Winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, via the Facebook user handle provided with the competition entry.
- If the Winner cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, the Winner will forego the right to claim the Prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winning entry to be selected in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on the Winners’ behalf.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the terms of this promotion at any stage and without notice if deemed necessary in their opinion, and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control. The Promoter (and those organising any prize on their behalf) cannot be held responsible or liable for any circumstance beyond its reasonable control that prevents any Prize from being used or available.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will send the surname and county of the Winner and, if applicable, copies of their winning entries to anyone that emails email@example.com or writes to Lexus CRM Team, Toyota (GB) PLC, Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX with a stamped address envelope within one month after the Closing Date of the competition. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.lexus.co.uk/customer-data/privacy-policy/. See also conditions 21 and 22, with regards to the announcement of the Winner.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The promotion is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.