Whether it be for safe use of the phone while you’re on the go or simply to stream your favourite music, connecting a mobile device to the Lexus NX’s multimedia system via Bluetooth only takes a couple of minutes.
Watch the video below or read on for a step-by-step guide.
- Begin by enabling Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- In your Lexus NX, and with your feet off the pedals and the gearlever in ‘PARK’, press the ‘POWER’ button once to switch on the audio and multimedia system.
- When the system is active, press the ‘MENU’ button on the centre console to bring up the menu display.
- Using the Remote Touch controller, select ‘SETUP’ > ‘BLUETOOTH’ > ‘ADD DEVICE’ and select your device from the available list.
- On your device, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration. You may be asked to enter a code to confirm your phone’s identity, or it may connect automatically.
- With your device registered, return to the ‘BLUETOOTH’ setup menu and choose to connect it as a phone, an audio player, or both.
- Once your device has been paired with the Lexus NX, it will automatically be recognised by your car – simply switch on Bluetooth on your device to establish the connection.
- With a smartphone connected, calls can be made easily and in safety, and you can also stream audio content from a phone or tablet by accessing the ‘AUDIO’ menu of the onboard multimedia system.
To read more Lexus ‘how to’ posts, see the links below:
How to connect Apple iPhone devices to your Lexus NX
How to tune DAB radio on your Lexus
How to disable Adaptive Front Lighting on your Lexus RX
How to update maps on your Lexus Navigation system
How to update maps on your Lexus Premium Navigation System