Whether it be for safe use of the phone while you’re on the go or simply to enjoy your favourite music streamed from your Apple device, connecting your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth to the Lexus NX‘s multimedia system only takes a couple of minutes. Watch the video below or read on for a step-by-step guide.
- Begin by enabling Bluetooth on your iOS device.
- In your Lexus NX, and with your feet off the pedals and the gearstick in ‘PARK’, press the ‘POWER’ button once to switch on the audio and multimedia system.
- When the system is active, press the ‘MENU’ button on the centre console to bring up the menu display.
- Using the Remote Touch controller, select ‘SETUP’ > ‘BLUETOOTH’ > ‘ADD DEVICE’ and select your device from the available list.
- On your iPhone or iPad, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration. You may be asked to enter a code to confirm your phone’s identity, or it may connect automatically.
- With your device registered, return to the ‘BLUETOOTH’ setup menu and choose to connect it as a phone (iPhone only), an audio player, or both.
- Once your device has been paired with the Lexus NX, it will automatically be recognised by your car – simply turn on Bluetooth on your Apple iOS device to establish the connection.
- With the iPhone connected, calls can be made easily and in safety, and you can also stream audio content from an iPhone or iPad by accessing the ‘AUDIO’ menu of the onboard multimedia system.
To read more Lexus ‘how to’ posts, see the links below:
How to connect a Bluetooth device to your Lexus NX
How to tune DAB radio on your Lexus
How to disable Adaptive Front Lighting on your Lexus RX
How to update maps on your Lexus Navigation system
How to update maps on your Lexus Premium Navigation System