Please note entries for Design Your own Tattooed Car have now closed.
Have you seen our striking, one-off tattooed car? Created by tattoo artist Claudia De Sabe, this Lexus UX was the first of its kind in the world, a celebration of not only traditional Japanese artistry and craftsmanship but also brave design. Now we’re giving you the chance to design your own tattooed car, and there’s a special prize for the winning entry.
Design Your own Tattooed Car: how to enter
Step 1: Download the high-resolution templates by clicking here. You’ll see a new window open with a pdf file.
Step 2: Select ‘download’ in the top right-hand corner to save the file onto your machine. If you’re using a mobile device, press and hold the images below, then save to your camera roll.
Step 3: How you decide to decorate the template is up to you. You could print out the template and apply your design to the UX using crayons and pens or, if you prefer, you can add your artwork to the car digitally on a tablet, laptop, or mobile. Remember, your design must be in a tattoo style and every angle supplied must be filled in. Other than that, let your imagination run wild.
Step 4: We’d love to see your efforts on our social media channels. You can share them on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Remember to include the @LexusUK tag and the hashtag #MyTattooCar. However, for an official entry into the challenge, you will need to send your design to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, age, social media handles, and a couple of sentences about what inspired your design.
Design Your own Tattooed Car: the Public Vote
Once entries have closed, we’ll select the eight best artworks and apply them to a 3D model of a Lexus UX, images of which will be sent to you to keep. We’ll post these on our own social channels in a World Cup-style tournament with votes on Instagram Stories and Facebook. The design with the most votes will move through to the next round.
Design Your own Tattooed Car: the Prize
The winning design will be used to transform a Lexus UX using a vinyl wrap – so at the end of it you will have actually designed your very own tattoo car. We’ll then get you and the car in a studio to be professionally photographed, creating images that will be a permanent reminder of your achievement. The images will also be published on our social media channels for all to see, and we’ll also feature an interview with the successful designer on our blog.
Terms and conditions
- The ‘Promoter’ is Toyota (GB) PLC, registered in England and Wales with company number 00916634 and its registered office address at Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX.
- This competition is open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
- Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- Entry into the Competition will be open from 09:00 on Tuesday 12 May 2020 (the “Opening Date”) to 17:00 on Tuesday 9 June 2020 (the “Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- All entries must be received in the form of email to email@example.com. Any late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems to be inappropriate or explicit. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No purchase is necessary.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. No bulk or third-party entries will be accepted.
- Entry into this competition will be deemed to be in acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- There is one prize available consisting of the winning design being wrapped on a Lexus UX and photographed with the Winner. Subject to approval from the Winner, the winning design shall be featured within a blog published on the official Lexus UK Blog (blog.lexus.co.uk).
- There will be no cash alternative to the prizes stated.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should any specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
- After the Closing Date, the Promoter shall select eight (8) designs (the ‘Shortlisted Designs’) from all eligible entries. The Shortlisted Designs shall be selected and notified by Friday 12 June 2020. The Shortlisted Designs shall be shared publicly via the Promoter’s social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@LexusUK, #MyTattooCar). The Winner shall be selected via a public vote using Facebook and Instagram polls. The public votes shall be open from Monday 22 June 2020 to Friday 10 July 2020. The Winner shall be notified by Friday 17 July 2020 (the ‘Announcement Date’).
- The Promoter will contact the Winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the email address provided with the competition entry.
- If the Winner cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, that winner will forego the right to claim the Prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winner to be selected in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on the Winners’ behalf.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the terms of this promotion at any stage and without notice if deemed necessary in their opinion, and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control. The Promoter (and those organising any prize on their behalf) cannot be held responsible or liable for any circumstance beyond its reasonable control that prevents any Prize from being used or available.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will send the surname and county of the prize winner and, if applicable, copies of their winning entry to anyone that emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Toyota (GB) PLC, Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX with a stamped address envelope within two months after the Closing Date of the competition. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county, winning entry and social media handle(s) being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.toyota.co.uk/footer/privacy-policy. See also conditions 17 and 18, with regards to the announcement of Winner.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The promotion is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.