The Lexus Premium Navigation system can be updated periodically using downloadable updates, ensuring that you always have the latest road and route information in your Lexus, saving you time and money, and minimising stress when journeying to a new destination.
Updating the maps is a simple process using an update from Lexus supplied on a MicroSD card. To check if your Lexus vehicle uses a MicroSD card update, look for a MicroSD slot beneath the audio control panel in the centre console.
To find out how to purchase and install the map update to your Lexus, simply watch the video below or read on for a step-by-step guide.
How to update maps on your Lexus Premium Navigation System
- Begin by making sure your vehicle is completely turned off, and then remove the current MicroSD card from the slot in the centre console. Simply press it in to eject it from the slot.
- Using a web browser on a computer or tablet, navigate to the Lexus customer portal and sign in. If you don’t already have an account, you can register at this point.
- Once signed-in, select ‘Additional Services’, and click on ‘Get the latest map updates for your navigation unit’. You will be redirected to the Lexus Map Updates website.
- Click on ‘Get a Map’, select your vehicle model from the drop-down list, and select your current navigation system.
- In the box beneath, enter the last five digits from the MicroSD card your removed in step one. Click ‘Next’ to add the latest update to your basket.
- Complete the checkout process with your delivery details and make payment using a credit card or via PayPal. Once the order is complete, an updated MicroSD card will be sent directly to you in the post.
- When you receive the new MicroSD card, installation is simple – with the vehicle completely switched off, replace the current MicroSD card in your Lexus with the new one.
- When you next start your car, the Premium Navigation system will recognise the new card and automatically update the map information.
If you need any help along the way, don’t hesitate to call or pop into your local Lexus centre where a fully trained technician will be happy to help.
To read more Lexus ‘how to’ posts, see the links below:
How to update maps on your Lexus Navigation system
How to connect Apple iPhone devices to your Lexus NX
How to connect a Bluetooth device to your Lexus NX
How to tune DAB radio on your Lexus