See also: How to import your Lexus into the UK
What documents will I need to export my Lexus?
To register your Lexus in another country you will be required to provide a Certificate of Conformity or other appropriate type approval evidence to the local registration authority. Please check with the relevant national registration authority.
What is a Certificate of Conformity?
A Certificate of Conformity or COC is a legal document currently applicable to vehicles manufactured for the European market and confirms it complies with European Standards. Toyota is generally able to supply a COC in English.
COCs are currently only available for:
• Passenger vehicles manufactured for most models from 1996 onwards
• Commercial vehicles manufactured for most models from 2010
If your vehicle was manufactured before either of these dates please see Vehicles without a Certificate of Conformity below.
How do I obtain a Certificate of Conformity?
To obtain a COC, you will need to:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org providing all appropriate details including the Vehicle Identification Number (this is a 17 digit number which can be found on a label inside your vehicle, in your vehicle registration document or in the original purchase invoice).
• Attach a copy of the vehicle registration document if available. Please note that we are unable to process any applications received without this document or an alternative document providing confirmation of legal ownership of the vehicle.
• A fee is payable for a COC (see How do I pay below).
Applications will normally be processed within 3-5 business days upon receipt. Once we have processed your request you will be contacted for payment. No documents can be sent out before payment has been received.
Vehicles without a Certificate of Conformity
Where a COC is not available a Statement of Compliance (SOC) may be accepted as an alternative. Where this is the case, we recommend that you check the local registration requirements with the appropriate national registration authority.
To obtain an SOC:
• Email email@example.com and attach appropriate evidence of ownership. Please note any applications received without evidence will not be processed.
• A fee of £10.00 including VAT is payable for an SOC (see How do I Pay below).
Applications will normally be processed within 3-5 business days upon receipt. Once we have processed your request you will be contacted for payment. No documents can be sent out before this payment has been made.
Payment will be collected after we have processed your request and we will provide you with the appropriate details using a standard bank (BACS) transfer when we contact you.
Once your payment has been received we will send your documents to the address that you have provided to us. All documents will be sent using standard first class post within the UK or Airmail if being sent outside of the UK.
Any data provided by you when you submit a general enquiry form or collected by us in dealing with any query that you raise, will only be retained for our own customer service records. Such data will not be used for any marketing purposes and will be stored on secure servers with the European Union. Any sensitive personal data that you may be asked to provide to us (e.g. in relation to the completion of a payment) will be permanently and securely destroyed as soon as is reasonably practical. No payment data is ever entered onto or stored on any of our computer networks.
For additional advice and information please email firstname.lastname@example.org