It's official! The first pictures of the all-new Lexus IS have finally been revealed. Join us for a detailed look at the newcomer, which hits the road this summer.
Lexus hybrid driving tips
While the Lexus Hybrid Drive system is engineered for efficiency, it can be hard to get the best fuel consumption from your Lexus vehicle – especially in conditions such as the cold weather we are currently experiencing. To help you get the very best out of your Lexus, we have produced the following hybrid driving tips for you.
- Anticipate road conditions to avoid sudden braking and acceleration. Try to drive consistently
- Plan to keep moving and release the throttle pedal early – you gain MPG and regenerate some energy
- Gentle and early braking boosts regeneration, keeping the battery well-charged and allowing you to do more electric-only driving
- If travelling down a hill, encourage regenerative braking so that maximum benefit of the electric motor can be used for the ascent. Do not brake harder than the maximum reach of the meter, as braking energy beyond that point is not stored.
- Use gravity and momentum at all times to encourage electric-only driving. Electric driving is not limited to 28/30mph; accelerate to the required speed, then fully release the throttle to return to the lower areas of the eco zone to drive electrically at higher speeds
- Try to keep within the first part of the eco zone. Select ECO mode for smooth control
- Use EV mode at low speeds for silent, zero-emission driving. Combine it with ECO mode to stay in the eco zone, or combine it with POWER/SPORT mode for a more responsive EV drive
- To accelerate with optimum efficiency, use full throttle for a short burst of maximum power. When the desired speed is reached, lift off and immediately press the throttle again to put the meter in the eco zone to maintain your speed
- Ensure good maintenance (tyre pressures, oil, battery vent clear and excess weight removed)
- Use Climate Control sensibly
- When stationary, DO NOT select ‘N’ neutral as electricity will not be generated and the hybrid battery will discharge
- Consider the use of Cruise Control (at efficient speeds)
- Watch the instruments to help you understand the state of the system